23 Feb Beyond Borders 9th Annual Media Awards
Winnipeg, MB – Nov 21, 2011 – Kubera and VersaPay’s mutual client Beyond Borders held its 9th annual Media Awards where Canadian journalists who cover issues related to the sexual exploitation of children are recognized for their admirable work. The Media Awards reflect how Canada has progressed in reporting on the issue of the sexual exploitation of children and raising awareness in the public space. It has been very successful in encouraging journalists to shed light on the issue.
“The November 2011 Media Awards event was a great success. Having Gift Tool and VersaPay as registration partners was terrific. We are already planning this November’s event.” Said Darlene Bergen of Beyond Borders
Here’s the highlights from the 2011 Media Awards:
About Beyond Borders
Beyond Borders was founded in 1996 by Rosalind Prober, BA and Mark Eric Hecht, BA, DIA, LL.B. Beyond Borders is a growing Canadian non-profit organization that works to and successfully advances the rights of children across the globe to be free from sexual abuse and exploitation. Beyond Borders:
- Raises awareness
- Advocates for improved legislation
- Monitors court cases for human rights violations
- Promotes/supports effective prevention and intervention initiatives
- Intervenes in court cases to provide a voice for victims
- Provides training and education
Beyond Borders is a Canadian representative of ECPAT international. ECPAT stands for End Child Prostitution, Child Pornography, and Trafficking of Children for Sexual Purposes. It is a global network of more than 80 groups in 75 countries and is based in Bangkok, Thailand.
- Beyond Borders has lobbied and successfully broadened the law to combat child sex tourism. Under the Prober Amendment, Canadians who engage in child pornography or sexually abuse children in foreign jurisdictions can be held accountable in Canada under Canadian Law.
- In 2010 Beyond Borders worked with ECPAT and The Body Shop on the “Stop Sex Trafficking of Children and Young People Campaign” to raise money to fight child sex trafficking. The campaign raised more than 1.5 Million dollars in North America.
The Kubera team is proud of the success of our shared client with VersaPay and we are excited to continue growing our relationship. For more information on Beyond Borders great efforts please visit their website at http://www.beyondborders.org/.