16 Nov What is your share of $30.9 Billion?
Ecommerce is up 12% over 2010 stats in Canada, and it is expected double to $30.9 billion by the year 2015… is your business ready to grab it’s share of that kind of growth? Source: emarketer.com
It’s not enough to have a brochure website these days, you want a social, transactional website that engages your visitors.
Some things you want to make sure your website can do so you can be part of this type of growth include:
- A shopping cart is the first thing you’ll need if you want to get paid.
- Invoicing is another side of your business that is often overlooked by shopping cart only products.
- Social media integration is vital, look for Facebook comments and sharing tools to be built in.
- Newsletter, auto-responder and other list building / lead capture options are also very important (the money is in the list, I’m sure you’ve heard that old saying before).
- Being able to blog on your site is also critical to both help communicate news and developments but also as part of your search engine optimization strategies.
- Last, but certainly not least … is your site mobile ready? Make sure your solution has a mobile style sheet as more and more commerce is done on peoples smart phones.
Navigating the maze of products available can be frustrating to people who are not web marketing experts and therefore it’s also good to have someone who’s technical and marketing skills you can rely on as you’re navigating this messy web of decisions.
Our partner, iXLd Media provides a powerful ecommerce and publishing platform that provides all of the features listed above, along with stellar support, project management and custom development services.
Best of all of course is that they have VersaPay payments built into their solution so getting your ecommerce hooked up is simply a matter of plugging in your API key and you’re done.
If you’re looking to upgrade your existing website, launch a campaign specific site or bring a new business online, we highly recommend checking out our partner, iXLd Media’s software and services.
You can install a free trial of the software from the partners page on our website, or if you’d like an introduction, please don’t hesitate to contact us.